Chris has taught in a variety of formal and informal teaching environments. In each of these settings, he has been a student-centered educator who emphasizes the critical thinking skills the historical discipline is known for.
Because he has focused on the intersecting histories of religion, medicine, gender, and sexuality, Chris is prepared to teach an impressive array of undergraduate and graduate courses.
SURVEYS AND INTRODUCTORY COURSES
- U.S. History through the Civil War
- U.S. History since the Civil War
- American Civilization / Introduction to American Studies
- Introduction to Women and Gender Studies
- Introduction to Sexuality Studies
- American Religious History
- U.S. Intellectual History
UPPER-DIVISION AND GRADUATE COURSES
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Religion and Politics in the Modern U.S.
- LGBTQ+ U.S. History
- Sexual Health and Politics in the 20th-Century U.S.
- The Long Civil Rights Movement
- From Goldwater to Trump: A History of Modern American Conservatism
- Museums, Podcasts, and Blogs: An Introduction to Public History
- Research Seminar (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Historical Research Methods
- The Teaching of History/Social Studies
- Advanced Methods of Teaching History/Social Studies